Welcome to my new blog. I chose the name Sophisticated Country because I'm a country girl with a sophisticated sense of style. Today is my 39th birthday and I made this blog to challenge myself to reach some goals and have some fun before I turn 40 next year. I have two sons. One 12 and one 3 yrs old. I have a daughter in heaven. She's been with Jesus for the past 5 years. We all miss her greatly. Even the 3 yr old that never knew her. My husband is in the newspaper business and I am blessed to be a stay at home mom. I love to write, (mainly contemporary Christian romance), read, bake, cook, scrapbook, crafty things, shopping, home decor, etc. This blog will have a little bit of everything. I've created a list of 40 things I would like to do and/or accomplish in the next year and I will be sharing that soon.
I'm exhausted tonight from a long, fun day at craft fairs so I'll keep this post short, but can I share a small pearl from my life with you before I go? Last night my son asked me for something while I was cooking dinner. He had been a little stinker so I told him that 'Yes, he could have it, not because he deserved it, but because I love him.' Right there... right there I had a God moment. I heard the whispers of 'this is how I feel about you. It's not because you deserve it. It's because I love you.' Talk about being humbled. It's amazing how much God uses our own children to teach us about his love. Are you listening?
Hope you'll be back and join me on my journey this year and beyond. :)
Happy Birthday again Sherry! And I love the name of your new blog, it suits you to a T!! Your story about your little guy is cute, what a good Mama you are!! I am looking forward to your next post! Hugs, Colleen
ReplyDeleteSherry -
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your wonderful year of exploration - you are off to a good start, and I will be "following" along.
I am excited for you about your new blog! I don't see a way to follow except by email so that is what I signed up to do! Can't wait to see what this year brings and I am happy to celebrate it with you!
ReplyDeleteI loved your pearl! Mine came when I gave birth to my daughter and suddenly realized how much God loved me and how much my mom loved me. I could feel it through my love for my daughter and it was life-changing.
Nadia
Hi there! Welcome to the world of Blogging. I loved reading about you and your family. My heart broke when I read about your daughter. Yup... God touches our hearts in so many ways. For me, too many to list or even count. He is always touching me if I just take a moment to be aware of His touch. Bless you and yours.
ReplyDeleteHappy to be your newest follower
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday :)
Hugs
Adele
This is a great idea Sherry! I am definitely going to follow along and see what your journey brings. I will be 39 the end of the month too and this sounds so interesting to me :)
ReplyDelete