Friday, October 14, 2011

Heavenly Message

Please allow me a blog detour for a moment. I got a message from Macy today and I just Have to share it! It's the biggest one I've received in years!!

While driving home from the craft fair today, I got stopped at a stoplight, but not any stoplight; the stoplight on Macy road (Macy is my daughter's name). I was right in front and the second my foot hit the brake, the song Cry Out to Jesus came on. The lyrics begin:

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough
when you said goodbye

The feeling washed over me that this was for me. Macy road, the song... I started crying softly. Halfway through the song, Noah shouts out of the blue "Have fun!" and I said "What?" "Have fun! Stop Crying! Have fun!" It was so totally random and out of the blue that I wondered if it was part of my message. It was indeed. Just in case I was missing it, Macy made sure to let me know because the very next song was "No Matter What". I have never heard that one before, but you guys, that was mine and Macy's thing. I always told her "I love you. No matter what!" She even put it on her Mother's Day questionnaire just two weeks before she passed. She wrote, "I love my mom because my mom loves me No Matter What."  I'm bawling by now, but she wasn't finished with me yet. That song went off and two announcers came on and started talking about HAVING FUN!!! Oh my gosh, how's that for a message? I think she wants me to stop living in sadness and start enjoying life again, which totally fits with the theme of my blog and what I'm trying to do. Easier said that done, but I have received my message loud and clear and am so very grateful to have heard from my baby girl today. :) Mama's trying Macy. Mama's trying.

*Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day
* No Matter What by Kerrie Roberts

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Goodness Sherry! That was so touching and What a message macy was sending!!! I have tears in my eyes and thanks for sharing this!! So It really makes you think, No matter what, Have Fun!! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome story, and such beautiful songs. Happy belated birthday, too...I came from the CC MB, and am looking forward to watching your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness Sherry....I am bawling my eyes out, what an amazing message to have received from your precious Daughter Macy, my heart goes out to you
    Huge hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete