Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Girlfriend Weekend

Crossing number 24 off my list. A very good friend of mine and I attended the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Kansas City this past weekend. We had so much fun; took some beautiful classes, did too much shopping, and ate delicious food! She lives in the southern part of Arkansas so she arrived at my house Thursday night. We got up at 3 am Friday morning and drove to KC. Got there in plenty of time to get our packets and do the early entry to the vendor fair. As always, most of my money went straight to Embellish It. Shelby is such a sweetie and I take her Basic Grey class every year.

Our classes included:
Friday
Bling It On - we got to play with the I-rock and made some gorgeous layouts with My Mind's Eye papers. Loved this class!
Here's a cell phone pic of one of those layouts.


Calling All Boys - you can never go wrong with a Quick Quotes class
Kids Explosion - another Quick Quotes class. Loved the colors of this one.
Quick and Classy with My Mind's Eye - Beautiful, Beautiful layouts! We both bought the companion kit to go with these.
Friday Night Crop - gift bags weren't too great this year, but we had a good time at the crop, except that we were soooo tired. Did not make a late night of this one.

Here I am at the crop. I look tired, don't I? Well I was!




Saturday -
Latest & Greatest with Basic Grey - did not like the layouts as well this year, but love Shelby.
Material Girl - REALLY enjoyed this class. We made fabric flowers and got to sew on paper. :)
Saturday Night Crop - Won 2nd place in a card contest!!! :) They passed out orange cardstock and gave us an hour to make a card. At least I thought it was supposed to be an hour so I really hurried and then they gave us longer. Oh well. I was very excited to be chosen as one of the two winners! My prize was a 50 pack of cardstock. The cards created are being donated to our soldiers.

Here is my card that won. I sewed around the edges and made a flower. I would have done more detail around the flower (like adding some leaves) but I thought I was out of time and rushed to turn it in.


Between classes on Saturday we shopped at Archiver's and JoAnn's. Then we went down to the Plaza and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. I LOVE the Cheesecake Factory! :) Fried Zucchini, Chicken Costelleta, and Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake for dessert. We had to take part of our cheesecake with us because we were too full. We took them to the crop but forgot to ask for some forks. I had to leave the crop, leave the convention center, and walk to the Holiday Inn to get some forks so we could eat them, but it was worth it. ;) Sorry I took a bite before I remembered to take a pic!


Next we went to the Bare Escentuals boutique before heading back to the crop. I miss being able to go to the boutique. Wish they would open some in Arkansas!

Here is my beautiful friend, Cindy, at the Saturday Night Crop. 


We had a great weekend. Got home on Sunday afternoon and promptly took a nap with my 3 yr old! I was worn out. Getting to scrap this weekend has inspired me to finish unpacking my craft supplies so I've been working on that this week. Going to try and keep the mojo going because I truly do love scrapping! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. I want to do that one of these days. I've gone to a few Circle events, but nothing like CKC for a weekend. Love your blog and I'm signing up to be a follower.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I follow your boards on Pinterest and just linked here from 2Peas. I always thought you seemed like a fun person from your pins and now I see that I was right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pam! :)

    Cindy, I've gone for about 5 years now and love it. This was the first time I got to spend the night though. We used to live close enough that I didn't have to.

    ReplyDelete